On Tuesday, June 21, just 48 hours after the annual Father’s Day parade and cookout dedicated to him, Moses “Mo” Lucas, 89, passed away.
Welcome to The Chronicle!
Established in 1974, The Chronicle is Winston-Salem’s oldest and most respected community newspaper. Published every Thursday, our local weekly paper reaches an audited circulation of 7,000. We focus on positive news happening in and around Winston-Salem and surrounding areas. From arts and education, to covering stories affecting communities and neighborhoods where you live, make The Chronicle your online source for local news, events, high school sports coverage, politics and more.
While a federal judge in Winston-Salem last April decided that that there was nothing about North Carolina’s 2013 voter ID law that should keep African-Americans or others from lawfully casting
- ‘Put Some Respect on My Name,’ family foundation says
- Jehovah’s Witnesses bolster faith over weekends in W-S
- Winston-Salem native’s Christian book urges women to ‘live on purpose’
- Celebration of hats shines at St. Mark
- Dr. Jon Sensbach examines the history of St. Philips Moravian Church; one of the oldest African-American congregations in the nation